Sunday, January 3, 2016

Primary 1 Lesson 2: Heavenly Father Has a Body

Primary 1
Lesson 2: Heavenly Father Has a Body

Videos:

How we know Heavenly Father has a body:Chapter 2: Joseph Smith’s First Vision (1820)

Music:

I Wiggle

Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes

Handouts/Activities:

1) Help children make bodies out of pipe cleaners.

2) Create actions to this poem and have the children do them with you as you read it. 
My Busy Body By Jacqueline Schiff

3) You'll have to make these in advance for Sunbeams but they will love them.
Cut outs

4) Have the children stand and sing the following song to the tune of “Once There Was a Snowman”
Music
Once I was a baby, baby, baby.

Once I was a baby, small, small, small.
Now I’m growing bigger, bigger, bigger.
Now I’m growing bigger, tall, tall, tall!


Coloring pages:
An illustration of a boy standing by his bed in front of a mirror, practicing tying a tie.  A black-and-white illustration of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, wearing robes, standing side-by-side with hands outstretched.coloring page, I Have a Body  coloring page, I Will Take Care of My Body  A black-and-white illustration of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ appearing to a kneeling Joseph Smith in the Sacred Grove.    A black-and-white coloring page of Joseph Smith kneeling in the Sacred Grove and Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ appearing to him.  Paper cut outs

Images:
Children looking into a mirror  girl looking in mirror


Other Non LDS.org Resources for this lesson:
     Girls Head Clip ArtBlank Face Boy Clip ArtBoy Face Clip ArtBlank Face Clip ArtBlank Face Clip Art

Sugardoodle.net helps for this lesson.




No comments:

Post a Comment